Thursday, September 22, 2011

Take Every Thought Captive...

After our group last night I was thinking that it would helpful to remind myself of some scriptures that will help us to take every thought captive. 2 Corinthians 10:5 says, "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." Satan has a sneaky way of distorting the truth and Jesus faced this while he was on earth and gives us amazing examples of proclaiming God's truth through scripture!

Here are some scriptures that I find helpful:

Matthew 16:23:
"Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.” "

Hebrews 9:14
"How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!"

Philipians 4:13
"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Psalm 139:14:
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

Lastly, Amy brought up Philipians 4:8 during our class...so good!!
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."


What verses do you all cling to in order to take your thoughts captive?

3 comments:

  1. all of 1 john, not john, but first john reminds me that we are children of the light. reminds me of who I really am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Phillipians 4:8 like 20 times since Wednesday and it has made me feel more at piece. Praying seems easier and more relaxed knowing that God knows who I really am and that I do love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

    Luke 21:34 “But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.

    This is scary... Like a trap!!! Man...

    ReplyDelete