Friday, September 23, 2011

Giving it to God!

Hello ladies! I just wanted to tell a quick story about my day and how God works. I had a “bored” today. For all of you that aren’t on top of the military lingo a bored is something you go to when you get nominated for an award. For instance I was nominated for Airman of the month. Well in order to win I have to go up in front of 3-4 people and answer questions about the Air Force, current events, and enlisted force structure. They judge you on your dress and appearance, military barring, and the way you answer the questions. (The whole person concept) Now, I can talk in front of people I don’t know, however when I am sitting in front of people who are judging everything I say and do Itend to get a little nervous. This however was not my first board. I have been up for Airman of the month about 9 times now but I have never won due to my nerves getting the best of me. I decided I didn’t want to go up for them anymore. I told my supervisor to please start nominating the other airman in the office for a while. I hadn’t gone up for a bored for a few months until today. I found out on Monday that I had a bored on Friday. I put it off and put it off and then last night I realized that my bored was today. So a friend of mine helped me study and get ready for it, even though I knew no matter how much I studied I would ruin it by my nerves. Well I shared my nerves with my amazing roommate and awesome friend. She said to just pray about it, something I never have thought to do. Well on my way out the door this morning I ran into Jessica and Jeanna. They could tell I was very nervous and to say the lease unenthusiastic about going to my bored, so we prayed together and asked God to let me be calm and just do my best. So I get to the bored and of course as usual my stomach is full of butterflies. I was so nervous like I always am. Then one of the verses that Jessica posted on this blog the night before came through my mind,Philipians 4:13, “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” As I walked into the room of the 3 scary sergeants that were judging every step I took I felt the nerves disappear. I answered my questions with ease I did everything I was supposed to and when I was done I knew I just knew that that was God. The craziest thing about it was that when I went back in to get my feedback. (where they tell me what I did wrong and what I did right) They said I was too relaxed. They said I didn’t have enough military barring. As they were saying this too me I just smiled. I was happy with being too relaxed because I felt like God was showing me that he can do anything. He can make your worry and fears go away. So award or no award I learned something very valuable today.

God Bless! J

1 comment:

  1. when do you find out? i am amazed at how He calmed you. what an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete