Tuesday, October 4, 2011

a little encouragement...

I got a call from an old friend at the end of last week that was like an answered prayer for encouragement.

I have shared with all of you that one of the biggest areas satan likes to mess with me about is my mouth (or typing hands) whichever is the case at the time.  If I allow myself to entertain the thoughts he suggests, I will shut my mouth or tighten my fists so as not to "blow it again" with my unwanted advice or opinions.

Well, I wrote a post on my family blog www.ilovebeingamomma.blogspot.com on September 25th about marriage vows and how most of us really don't even think about what we are saying when we repeat those vows. You can read it {HERE}. Anywho...Those are the kinds of musings...soapboxes...tangents...philosophical rants or just plain opinions I like to share on my blog because I use my blog mostly as a tool for my family to record all of our memories, but also to record my story, God's story in my life. (I know, you are tired of hearing it.) But 'tis true.

Back to the call. A dear friend of mine called me to tell me that she had been caught in a stronghold of fear about her marriage for the past several months because she is working and going to school full-time, raising 3 kiddos and her hubby is also in school and they literally hardly ever get to see one another. She had been trapped in a downward spiral of thinking that her husband had every right to leave her and the kids and she had convinced herself that she wasn't a good wife and he couldn't possibly love her like he used to because of their schedules. Then, she noticed on her facebook account that on her "activity" it said SHE had made a comment on my facebook post about my blog post that it was a good post or something like that (which she hadn't) and next, she noticed that there was a second post saying, "Oops, this is Rich, just realized I was on the wife's account." You see, the funny thing is that the night before she read that post her husband made on my page, she hadn't been on facebook for a few days and didn't see the post but she had a conversation with her hubby about how afraid she was for their marriage. He comforted her and assured her that he was going nowhere and she believed that he meant it, but she still felt fear because of the roller coaster ride they are on. Then, she looked at the date and realized that he had commented on the post before their "talk" and she said peace just washed over her knowing that God was in control and that Rich was in it for the long haul. He meant what he said and she really believed it.

She called to thank me for the post and for being my "real" transparent self again...she had noticed that I had been a lot more reserved on my blog and she was glad I was back. I can't tell you what her call meant to me. God knew I needed that call. He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment